5 Ways to Know if You Are Meditating The Right Way...
The most commonly asked question I am asked is "Am I doing it right?". Here are my five top tips for meditating...
Fiona Lamb - Creator of Mind Detox App & Harley Street Therapist
1. You don't need to try to make anything happen. The beauty of meditation is you can allow yourself to just be.
2. You will still think thoughts when you meditate, that is completely normal. It is just recognising those thoughts and not giving them your attention for too long.
3. Everyone can meditate. It isn't a special practise reserved for certain people. You don't ever get good at it, it just becomes easier to not be distracted by loud thoughts.
4. Some days will be different to others.
5. Release expectation. Nothing miraculous or immediate happens in meditation. The changes don't happen with your eyes closed, they happen with your eyes open. Be patient and consistent and you will notice yourself being less reactive to certain situations and people.
The truth is there is no right or wrong. Taking time out to enjoy relaxation feels good so it should be enjoyed. It's been scientifically proven that the easiest way to meditate is through guided visualisation and using your imagination in a more productive way rather than on fearful thoughts.
I have created a special 'How to Meditate' audio available totally free for you on my app which talks you through the whole process.
Meditation is the most simple and most effective thing you can do to manage your wellbeing and mental health. That's why I have also included free anxiety meditations. Happy meditating and please let me know how get on.
DOWNLOAD MIND DETOX MEDITATION APP NOW
Video Demo of how it works!
As seen in:
Let Fiona know how you are getting on in your journey through our instagram @minddetoxapp ... We love to hear from our users.